The winners of the first European Product Design Award have been announced
Design agencies, individual designers, and manufacturers from 43 countries entered their best designs in a total of 21 categories.
The ePDA has received the largest amount of entries from Germany, Italy and USA making it a truly international competition.
From products to packaging design to design concepts and prototypes, the European Product Design Award chronicles the most eminent trends in product design worldwide.
- All products are evaluated by an expert jury of luminaries
- The jury committee is comprised of independent designers, clients, design educators and editors who are devoted to brilliance in design.
- The Evaluation is based on a range of criteria that are constantly adapted to current standards.
Since ePDA does not evaluate physical products, it realizes on a “Code of Honor” to ensure the designers present their works as truthfully and accurately as possible.
The Jury session
Hundreds of entries were evaluated by a jury of 19 experts in product design.
In a judging process that took over a week, the jury selected 24 Platinum winners, who will compete for the title Designer of the Year.
European Product Design Award’s jury consists of design journalists, experienced designers, design professors, and furniture retailer representatives.
- Designs that received “Honorable Mention” were distinguished for their unorthodox approach and creativity.
- Bronze, Silver and Gold winners received higher marks for innovation, functionality, and creativity.
- Platinum winners were selected for their outstanding design qualities and the use of materials
Winners of the titles Designer of the Year and Discovery of the Year will be announced during the gala event hosted at the European Parliament in Brussels, Belgium on April 12, 2017.
The attendants will see the featured work of Platinum winners and Hossein Farmani, the founder of ePDA who will announce the Designer of the Year.
Hossein Farmani was impressed by the level of design creativity of the presented works: “It is truly inspiring to see so many excellent designs from all over the world”.